Combining clove and cinnamon water extract or tea offers a wide range of benefits for both health and fertility.
Random research shows that extract from clove and cinnamon is used in making remedies for treating erectile dysfunction.
It possesses aphrodisiac properties that may boost libido and testosterone secretion. Today, let’s explore the medicinal value of clove and cinnamon water extract and its fertility benefits.
Compounds in Clove And Cinnamon
Clove extract. According to a review, clove contains important compounds that are believed to have antioxidant effects that are beneficial to health.
Some of these compounds include Chavicol, Eugenol, B-Caryophyllene, Cubebene, Eugenyl acetate, Caryophyllene oxide, Humuladienone, Epicubenol, Cubenol, and polyphenols.
Cinnamon Extract. Similarly, a research report, shows that Cinnamon contains several potential compounds, including antioxidants that offer health benefits such as polyphenols, Cinnamaldehyde, and Coumarin, and contain benzyl benzoate and (E)-cinnamaldehyde, etc.
Fertility benefits of Clove And Cinnamon Tea
1. Rich in Antioxidants
Clove contains eugenol benzoate which acts as an antioxidant that strengthens the body’s immunity against illnesses detrimental to sperm health.
Cinnamon has polyphenol an antioxidant that protects the sperm cell from the harmful impact of free radicals.
Therefore, combining both extracts when making tea or remedies can potentially boost fertility.
2. Can improve Sexual Functions
Like Ginger and Nutmeg, Clove and Cinnamon possess body-warming properties that cause an increase in body temperature. When this happens, a rise in blood flow toward the sexual organ is triggered preparing the body for sexual activity which is the most natural activity that determines fertility.
One related animal study shows cinnamon may boost libido, thanks to its aphrodisiac property.
3. Fight Infectious Diseases that lower fertility
An evidence-based study shows the presence of certain compounds in cinnamon with antibacterial, and antifungal activity against infections.
Clove extract on the other is known for its potential impact on infectious diseases. A related study confirms that Eugenol, a compound in clove has antibacterial potential against a certain bacteria known as Salmonella typhi. Eugenol works by disrupting its cellular membrane rendering it incapable of carrying out its harmful effects.
You may now deduce that both extracts combined in tea or herbal remedies are powerful in fighting Infectious Diseases that lower fertility.
4. Fight against fertility-damaging free radicals
The harmful impact of oxidative stress on fertility can never be over-emphasized.
Several studies [1, 2] have shown that free radicals are indeed harmful to male sperm cells by causing damage to the cell DNA.
As a result of this, only antioxidants have the potential to lower the impact of oxidative stress by pairing with them. This is why we need to consume antioxidants-rich food daily to boost their fights.
5. Lowers inflammation
The impact of Inflammation on fertility can not be overstated, it is a well-known symptom of many infectious diseases detrimental to our health and fertility.
Research shows that women’s menstruation is accompanied by lots of inflammatory phases, which may cause pain.
On a similar occasion, Dr. Robert H. Shmerling Senior Faculty Editor, at Harvard Health Publishing explained that people with inflammatory conditions tend to have a high risk of infertility .
Therefore intake of clove and cinnamon extract as tea or herbal remedies may help reduce inflammation and improve our health and fertility.
Cinnamon And Cloves Benefits Sexually
Due to their body-warming effect, it can increase blood flow to the sexual organs, which prepares the body for sexual activity. In men, it Improves erectile function while in a woman it increases sexual sensitivity and responsiveness.
Here are some specific benefits of cinnamon and cloves for couples:
- Increased libido and sexual performance: Cinnamon and cloves have been shown to increase testosterone levels and improve sperm quality in men. In women, cinnamon and cloves can help to improve blood flow to the genitals and increase sensitivity.
- Reduced erectile dysfunction: Cinnamon and cloves can help to improve blood flow and circulation throughout the body, which can be beneficial for men with erectile dysfunction.
- Improved sexual stamina: Cinnamon and cloves are both known to boost energy levels and improve stamina. This can be helpful for couples who want to enjoy longer and more satisfying sexual encounters.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Cinnamon and cloves have calming and relaxing properties, which can help to reduce stress and anxiety. This can be beneficial for couples who want to create a more romantic and enjoyable atmosphere in the bedroom.
How to make Clove And Cinnamon tea for fertility
To make nutrient-filled clove and cinnamon tea, follow these steps:
- – 2 cinnamon sticks
- – 10 whole cloves
- – 4 cups of water
- – Honey or lemon (optional).
- 1. In a pot, add 4 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- 2. Add 2 cinnamon sticks and 10 whole cloves to the boiling water.
- 3. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 4. Turn off the heat and let the tea cool down for a few minutes.
- 5. Strain the tea into a cup or teapot.
- 6. Add honey or lemon to taste (optional).
- 7. Enjoy your nutrient-filled cloves and cinnamon tea.
Cloves And Cinnamon tea may offer a wide range of health benefits, as both plants are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties.
This tea can help boost your immune system, improve digestion, and reduce inflammation in the body. They contain certain phytonutrients that may improve our reproductive health.
Cloves and cinnamon for infection
There is evidence although limited which shows that combining clove and cinnamon extract may help against certain bacteria such as Salmonella typhi. Also, both plants are found to have antibacterial, and antifungal activity against infections [6, 7].
Combining clove and cinnamon extract in tea or remedies may offer health and fertility benefits.
Clove contains antioxidants and important compounds such as Chavicol and Eugenol, while cinnamon contains potential compounds such as polyphenols and Cinnamaldehyde.
The combination of both extracts may potentially boost fertility, improve sexual functions, fight infectious diseases, fight against fertility-damaging free radicals, and lower inflammation.
Clove and cinnamon extracts are rich in antioxidants that can counter the impact of oxidative stress and inflammation, which are detrimental to our health and fertility.
The evidence provided in this post is limited, however, many human-centered studies are needed to solidify them.
JC is passionate about finding the impact of foods (feeding habits) on human fertility and reproductive health and a way to improve fertility.