The benefits of Tiger nut for pregnant women are numerous, it is enriched with vital minerals and vitamins needed for the baby’s development. Tiger nut is also beneficial for nursing mother, and contain an important compound that helps to induce breast milk production. In this post, I will share with you the benefits of Tiger nuts for pregnant women, and also reveal how helpful it is to breastfeeding mothers.
Benefits of Tiger nut for pregnant women
Below are the amazing benefits of Tiger nuts for pregnant women;
1. May Lower The Risk Of Premature Delivery.
2. Tiger nuts Promote strong bones and teeth (Sources Of Calcium)
3. Can Boost Breast Milk Production.
4. May Supplement Lacking Vitamins
5. May reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
6. May help Lower blood sugar levels
Can Tiger Nuts cause miscarriage during pregnancy?
Are tiger nuts good for pregnant women?
History of Cyprus esculentus (tiger nuts)
Tiger nuts Nutrition
- Carbohydrates for energy.
- Crude fats (monounsaturated fats)
- Crude fiber: fiber helps in digestion
- Crude protein: for growth and development and replacement of dead cells.
- Potassium assists nerve impulse transmission and helps in reducing the sodium ratio
- Phosphorus strengthens the immediate release of energy in the body and may combine with calcium for bone and tooth development
- Magnesium helps to provide bone strength and assists enzyme, nerve, and heart functions.
- Calcium (Ca): is good for strong bone and red blood cell production.
- Sodium (Na)
- Iron (Fe): Help in the production of hemoglobin which carries oxygen, needed by various parts of the body.
- Zinc (Zn) is an essential element that helps to boost the immune system and develop sex hormones.
- Copper (Cu) helps in iron, protein metabolism, and hormone synthesis.
- Vitamin A: for good eyesight and improved vision.
- Vitamin C: is good for its ability to boost the immune system which fights foreign bodies in our system.
Other Health Benefits of Tiger nuts
The nutritional benefits of tiger nuts are not limited to pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers alone. It is for everyone especially males with low sex drive and stamina due to the presence of arginine, a proteinous compound that can boost the energy and agility of the body system. Here are other interesting health advantages of tiger nuts.
• Tiger nuts may
Improves foods digestion
It helps in food digestion. Tiger nuts are high in fiber content fiber-content essential for the digestive system and facilitate the growth of good bacteria in the human digestive tract.
• Tiger nuts may also help to curb constipation
Tiger nut is rich in fiber content and study indicates that high fiber-content food helps to prevent constipation.
• Tiger nuts may aid in Weight Loss
Are you trying to lose some weight? Then make tiger nuts your favorite snack. It also helps in weight management.
• Helps in treating diabetes
Tiger nuts can help regulate sugar levels in the blood. There is no doubt that the fiber content of tiger nuts plays a role in decreasing the rate of absorption of sugar in the gut. Tiger Nuts also provide enzymes that enhance the production of insulin and Insulin helps to maintain the level of sugar in the blood.
• May help to improve heart function
It ensures a healthy heart. Tiger nuts contain monounsaturated fat which helps to reduce bad cholesterol in the body system. Hence, heart disease and stroke will be prevented.
• Helpful to Breasting Feed Mothers
It enhances breast milk production. Tiger nuts are rich in multiple vitamins and minerals like magnesium, fiber, potassium, and calcium. These minerals and vitamins are needed by pregnant women for their baby’s development. It as well helps to stimulate the production of breast milk during pregnancy. Pregnant women and nursing mothers can seize this opportunity by making Tigernut their second snack since it can help in the production of breast milk for babies.
Uses of Tiger Nuts
- Tiger nuts is can be used for making different consumables ranging from raw consumption to Tiger nuts drink to use g to prepare food like Tiger nuts cookies.
- Its flour can be mixed with sorghum to make ice cream, milky drinks, and porridge.
- It serves as a source of income. For most people, Tiger nuts have been a source of livelihood for them. They can cultivate it on a large scale and sell it in the local market to make money.
Tiger Nuts Side Effects
Raw Tiger nut is high in anti-nutrients as mentioned above but, these anti-nutrients can be reduced when processed into drinks, soaked in water for some time, boiled, or toasted.
Benefits of Tiger nut for pregnant women Include the role it plays in lowering risks of premature delivery, alleviating muscle cramps, and spasms, source of calcium for the baby’s development. Tigernut no doubt provides vitamins and minerals and other crucial materials like fiber to the body. It therefore can be good in the treatment of diseases that are caused primarily by deficiencies of minerals and vitamins in our body.
JC is passionate about finding the impact of foods (feeding habits) on human fertility and reproductive health and a way to improve fertility.